GRINGO AND FAIR TRADE
Gringo is passionate about fair trade and committed to adhering to its principles, as we have done since the start of the business in 1988.
As ethical trade is very important to us, we only buy from factories or co-operatives that we have visited in person, in order to ensure that all our suppliers meet our fair trade criteria. These principles are:-
- No child labour
- Equality in the work place, ensuring both men and women receive fair and equal wages.
- Safe working conditions, regular breaks and paid holidays, religious freedom and hourly wages.
- Development of skills and new ideas, using traditional methods to western standards.
- To pay the price the supplier needs and not to haggle for a cheaper price.
- To pay up front for all or goods including a minimum of 40% deposit with initial order.
- To encourage respect for environment and to stop pollution and promote organic and sustainable produce.
- To maintain long term relationships with our suppliers, giving them confidence to make improvements and investments.
Our policy has always been ‘AID through TRADE’.
THANK YOU FOR SHARING IN OUR VISION.
Be confident and wear our fashion with pride.
Be confident and buy our clothing and gifts with pride, safe in the knowledge you are helping to lift ethnically deprived people out of poverty.