Special offer 4 pots for only £9.99 (Any choice of Pots)
Just enter the discount code Spice to get your Discount
One of the best spice blends you'll ever find, Ras-El-Hanout is a must for any true foodie's kitchen! It’s probably easier to list what doesn’t go into this blend.
Want a quick fix? Just add a tablespoon of the Cornish Spice Man’s Ras-El-Hanout to a dollop of thick & creamy Greek yogurt for a sensational dip!
This Moroccan legend is a good introduction to the varied flavours of Middle Eastern cuisine. In practice no Ras is the same as it is down to the blender’s personal favourite choice. There are 26 ingredients which combine to make this blend extra special (Remember what I said earlier about listing what isn’t in it?). Whether with oil and brushed on fish, or else added to couscous or rice or used on the BBQ, the many notes of intense flavour brought together will leave you with a taste to remember.
Roasted Ras-Nut Soup
You will need:
- 1kg of Butternut squash
- 500g or sweet potato
- 3 Large carrots
- 500ml Vegetable stock
- 400ml tin of coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons of Cornish Spice Man Ras-el-Hanout
- 3-5 Large garlic cloves (bruised)
- A glug of olive oil
- A pinch of sea salt
- A pinch of cracked black pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 220° (Gas Mark 7)
- Peel the squash, sweet potato & carrots & cut into relatively even chunks.
- Put the chopped vegetables & bruised garlic into a roasting tin, add a splash of olive oil & 1 tbsp of Ras-el-Hanout & toss until it's all covered.
- Roast the vegetables at 200° (Gas Mark 6) for around 40 minutes, or until they're gorgeous, golden, soft and sweet.
- Empty your roasted vegetables into a large saucepan (on a medium heat), add the vegetable stock and blitz with a hand blender.
- Next add your coconut milk and the remaining Ras-el-Hanout and stir.
- Season with sea salt & cracked black pepper.
Serve with a hunk of fresh local bread.
A simply delicious and warming dish, to end a long cold day.
Serv. Size: ONE TEASPOON PER TWO PORTIONS (10 g) ,
Servings: 6, Amount Per Serving: Calories 70,
Fat Cal. 25,
Total Fat 2.5g (4% DV),
Sat. Fat 0.5g (3% DV),
Trans Fat 0g,
Cholest. 0mg (0% DV),
Sodium 370mg (15% DV),
Total Carb. 12g (4% DV),
Fiber 4g (16% DV),
Protein 2 g,
Vitamin A (20% DV),
Vitamin C (30% DV),
Calcium (6% DV),
Iron (15% DV).
Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
INGREDIENTS: TURMERIC, CINNAMON, ONION POWDER, GROUND
GINGER, CUMIN, CORIANDER, BLACK PEPPER, POPPY SEEDS, RAISINS,
SULTANAS, CURRY LEAF, ROSE PETALS, CHILLI POWDER, GARLIC
POWDER, SUNFLOWER SEEDS, BROWN SUGAR, SEA SALT, MUSTARD
SEED, CLOVES, ALLSPICE, RED BELL PEPPER, CARDAMOM, NUTMEG,
ASAFOETIDA, PUMPKIN SEEDS, FENUGREEK
Vegetarian & Vegan friendly.
All of our products are blended in an area containing nuts & seeds